Sanna Marin was elected as the 46th Prime Minister of Finland on December 10, 2019. She was nominated by the Social Democratic Party to become the Prime Minister of Finland. She won just enough votes to beat Antti Lindtman. She is the third youngest world leader today, but when she assumed office she was the youngest.
She assumed office at the age of 34. Although she is the world’s youngest female world leader, she is not the first Finnish female prime minister. Anneli Tuulikki Jäätteenmäki is the first female prime minister of Finland, Mari Kiviniemi is the second. She succeeded Antti Rinne as Prime Minister after he resigned after the postal strike controversy.
After Russia attacked Ukraine, the Finnish Government under Sanna Marin applied to join NATO. They submitted their formal application to NATO on May 18, 2022. In a joint news conference on May 12, 2022, Finnish President Sauli Niinistö with Prime Minister Sanna Marin declared their support for NATO accession.
On May 15, 2022, Niinistö and Marin declared that the president and the Ministerial Committee on Foreign and Security Policy had endorsed a report supporting Finland’s membership in NATO, kicking off the formal constitutional process of application.
After the Russian invasion of Ukraine, there was a public opinion shift towards Finland joining NATO.
INDIA: 10 FASCINATING GEOGRAPHY FACTS THAT WILL MAKE YOU EXCITED
#SolidarityWithSanna trends after Finland women share their party videos
With the hashtag “Solidarity With Sánna” Finland’s females have been posting photos of themselves dancing and tweeting about Marin in an attempt to express support. Finn women responded to the attacks by the media, which they saw as sexist attacks against Marin.
The Finnish Prime Minister is reportedly facing heavy scrutiny after she posted the video on Instagram that portrayed her dancing at a private party. The 37-year-old has admitted to having undergone drug tests after being threatened by critics and some government officials.
She also apologized for the two influencers kissing partially topless at her official residence at a different event. Her critics say with these scandals, the probability of her surviving her prime ministerial post is very less.
Early Life of Sanna Marin
Sanna Marin was born on November 16, 1985, in Helsinki, Finland. She grew up in Espoo and Pirkkala and settled in Tampere. Her parents were separated when she was very young. She was raised by two female parents, her mother, and her partner.
She graduated from high school in Pirkkala in 2004. She had to work in a bakery while she was a student at Tampere University. She has a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Administrative Science from the University of Tampere.
PRODUCTIVITY: 10 TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL LIFE AND BEING HAPPY
Political Career of Sanna Marin
Sanna Marin joined the Social Democratic Youth in 2006. She became the first vice president of Social Democratic Youth in 2010. She lost the 2008 City Council elections in Tampere, Finland.
She won the 2012 Tampere City Council elections. She became the Chairman of the Tampere City Council in 2013. In 2017, she was re-elected as the Chairman.
She became the second Deputy Chairman of the Social Democratic Party in 2014. She became an MP in 2015. In 2019, she became the minister of Transport and Communications.
Computer Science: Degrees, Specializations, Coding, Jobs, Programming Languages, Etc.
SIGNUP FOR MORE INTERESTING AND EXCITING NEW CONTENT
For more content and updates, FOLLOW US on Social Media
- THERMODYNAMICSIt is the branch of physics that deals with the concepts of heat and temperature and the inter conversion of heat and other forms of energy.
- THERMAL PROPERTIES OF MATTERTemperature is a relative measure or indication of the hotness or coldness of a body. The temperature of a body determines the direction of the flow of energy. The SI unit of temperature is kelvin (K). °C is a commonly used unit of temperature.
- MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF FLUIDS – PART 2The viscous drag increases with increases velocity of the body, but it is found that the body after attaining certain velocity starts moving with a constant velocity called terminal velocity.
- MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF FLUIDS – PART 1The materials that can flow are called fluids. Liquids and gases are collectively known as fluids. Unlike a solid, a fluid has no definite shape of its own.
- MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF SOLIDSThe property of a body, due to which it tends to regain its original size and shape when deforming force is removed, is called elasticity. The deformation caused is called as elastic deformation.
You might want to see Nikola Tesla: Top 10 Inventions to Make You Wonder.