The International System of Units (SI, Système international (d’unités)) consists of 7 base units
|1.||Time||The duration of 9192631770 periods of radiation, corresponds to the transition between the two hyperfine levels of the ground state of the cesium-133 atom.||second|
|2.||Length||The distance traveled by light in a vacuum in 1/299792458 seconds.||meter|
|3.||Mass||The kilogram is defined by setting the Planck constant h exactly to 6.62607015×10−34 J⋅s (J = kg⋅m2⋅s−2), given the definitions of the meter and the second.||kilogram|
|4.||Electric Current||The flow of exactly 1/1.602176634 x 10-19 times the elementary charge e per second. Equalling approximately 6.2415090744×1018 elementary charges per second.||ampere|
|5.||Thermodynamic temperature||The kelvin is defined by setting the fixed numerical value of the Boltzmann constant k to 1.380649×10−23 J⋅K−1, (J = kg⋅m2⋅s−2), given the definition of the kilogram, the meter, and the second.||kelvin|
|6.||Amount of substance||The amount of substance of exactly 6.02214076×1023 elementary entities. This number is the fixed numerical value of the Avogadro constant, NA, when expressed in the unit mol−1||mole|
|7.||Luminous Intensity||The luminous intensity, in a given direction, of a source that emits monochromatic radiation of frequency 5.4×1014 hertz and that has a radiant intensity in that direction of 1/683 watt per steradian.||candela|
Also see Betelgeuse is Surprisingly Smaller, Closer to Us.
For more content and updates, do follow us on Social Media
- Why Saturn V was Unbelievably Important for Moon LandingsWithout Saturn V, landing on the Moon in the 1960s would’ve been impossible. Its power, fuel capacity, and innovation were crucial for success.
- KINETIC THEORY OF GASESMaster the Kinetic Theory of Gases with NCERT 11th Physics syllabus – learn about molecules, temperature, pressure & more!
- Are You an AI Expert? Take Our Quiz and Find Out Now!Test your AI knowledge with our Ultimate AI Quiz! Whether you’re a student or a professional, take the quiz and learn about this fascinating field!
- THERMODYNAMICSIt is the branch of physics that deals with the concepts of heat and temperature and the inter conversion of heat and other forms of energy.
- THERMAL PROPERTIES OF MATTERTemperature is a relative measure or indication of the hotness or coldness of a body. The temperature of a body determines the direction of the flow of energy. The SI unit of temperature is kelvin (K). °C is a commonly used unit of temperature.
Share this article